Monday, August 4, 2014

A Little About Me (Liz) and My First Quilt

Hi!  Thanks for reading our blog!  Here's me:

and here is my family:

plus one baby boy coming in November.

I'm so excited to get started on this little blogging journey!

Here is the first quilt I ever made:

Circa 2002.  That was over 12 years ago people.  And I happened to be 14 at the time.

Like Jamie, I inherited my interest in quilting.  My beautiful mom has been interested in quilting as long as I can remember and she passed that along to me.  She is always collecting patterns and fabric and occasionally turning them into a quilt.  Most of her quilting time is spent making 8-12 charity quilts each year in memory of my little brother who passed away as a baby.  I'll talk more about that, and her latest quilting adventure (a local quilt show in the park), in later blog posts.

Now back to my first quilt.  Each piece of fabric was given to me in my young women's group for passing off projects or doing service for others.  After I had gotten all my squares, my mom helped me add borders and backing.  We then got together with all the young women in my group to tie the quilt.

Although the colors are a little bit out there, and none of the fabrics really go together, I still like this quilt and the journey it got me started on.  Just like our blog title says, the journey of a hundred quilts begins with a single stitch - and this quilt has my first stitches.

I'll be posting the rest of my previous quilts here and there.  The posts won't be in chronological order but you can always click over to the 100 Quilt Gallery to see my quilts (mixed in with Jamie's) in the order I made them.

Thanks again for reading!  We hope that you will find some quilting inspiration, tips and tricks, and a generally fun time here on our blog.  Let us know what you are interested in and we will try to give you more of that.  We're glad to have you along for our quilting journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment