Thursday, September 11, 2014

Finding Good Deals on Fabric













As part of our Finding Good Deals on Fabric series (click on the 'deals' label in our left sidebar), I wanted to share my awesome find today. I was browsing blogs this morning and saw that The Quilted Castle had some designer fabric for sale at $6/yard. Thanks to Red Pepper Quilts for this info!



I just so happened to be looking for some backing for my mom's washboard quilt and I called her up and had her look online with me to see what she liked. We chose some cute kite string prints from Glimma by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham (pictures from The Quilted Castle):


Glimma 35383-10 Mineral Dust Kita by Lotta Jansdotter for WindhamGlimma 35383-6 Fog Kita by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham

These will make a great quilt back, and I'm so excited because the 9 yards I needed for the back of my quilt, including shipping, only cost me $59.50! You can't get much better than that.
Check out the sale! There are plenty of designer prints for just $6/yard.
Another one of my favorite spots I found out about a few months ago is Southern Fabric. This company is based in Georgia and it just so happens that two of my brothers live there. One of my brothers does taxes for their company, and the other brother and his wife work in their warehouse. Boy, was I missing out before I learned about this awesome company!

They have all sorts of fun things going on all the time. Daily deals, 2-dollar Tuesdays (selling charm packs for $2), giveaways on Instagram, tons of ideas and inspiration on their Pinterest pages, and just all-around awesome fabric lines.

Go pay Southern Fabric a visit at their website, their blog, or follow them on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment